March 1st, 2008
The seven new lion cubs (two litters, born a few days apart in November 2007 to proud moms Mina and Oshana) are now out on exhibit at the Wild Animal Park’s Lion Camp. In fact, having been successfully introduced to Father Izu, the entire brood is out on display!
And what a lively bunch they are! The young cubs enjoy climbing the trees and rock, tumbling in the grass, sunning themselves on the Land Rover and keeping an eye on the giraffes, rhinos and antelope visible from Lion Camp.
But most of all, they enjoy playing with one another, pouncing on their mothers and taking playful swats at their father’s magnificent mane!
The lion cubs are out in the exhibit area daily, first thing in the morning. They remain out until the young cubs tire, at which point they are brought inside and older brothers Kamau and Zenda are sent out to enjoy some exhibit time.
Editor’s Note: For a limited time, adults can enjoy admission to the Wild Animal Park at the kid’s price! The Wild Animal Park’s “Kids and Cubs Special” will be around for a limited time only, so buy your on-line tickets today!
Did we help you today? (1) Share this! (2) Never miss a thing! - Get New Updates via Email
- Half Price Frappuccinos at Starbucks - Happy Hour
- College Area Taste 2013
- Discount Tickets to Legoland and Sea Life Aquarium – $15.00 on JACK-FM Family Day
- San Diego Museum Month 2013
- San Diego Restaurant Week - January 2013
- The Art of the Brew - Special Event at Science Center
- Jungle Bells Ring in the Holidays at San Diego Zoo