June 28th, 2011
Free Outdoor Concerts Fridays in El Cajon
A free, family friendly event, Concerts on the Green is a popular weekly outdoor summer concert series (over 18,000 attended last year!) featuring top entertainers every Friday evening from May through September 2011.
Get ready for another fantastic concert season of free outdoor concerts in El Cajon this year, with more entertainment, activities and vendors than ever before! Concert-goers can enjoy many genres of music all summer long during 22 weeks of dancing, music, food, amazing opportunity drawings, and fun! Mark your calendars for Friday nights; Downtown El Cajon is sizzling all summer long!
Here is the Concerts on the Green outdoor concert series schedule for the 2011 season:
- May 6, 2011 – The Mardels – Rock & Roll
- May 13, 2011 – Candye Kane – Swing/Blues
- May 20, 2011 – Taildraggers – Bluegrass
- May 27, 2011 – Downbeat Big Band – Big Band/Swing
- June 3, 2011 – Rhythm & The Method – Rock & Roll/Folk/Indie
- June 10, 2011 – Theo & The Zydeco Patrol – Zydeco
- June 17, 2011 – Middle Earth Ensemble – Middle Eastern Fusion
- June 24, 2011 – Upstream – Caribbean/Reggae/Calypso
- July 1, 2011 – Back to the Garden – Classic Rock: Tribute to Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
- July 8, 2011 – Downbeat Big Band – Big Band/Swing
- July 15, 2011 – Shawn Rohlf & The Buskers – Folk/Country
- July 22, 2011 – Fandango – Classic Rock
- July 29, 2011 – North County Cowboys – Country
- August 5, 2011 – Illiana Rose Band – Latin Jazz
- August 12, 2011 – Sara Petite & The Sugar Daddies – Americana/Country
- August 19, 2011 – Sonos – Indie/Acappella
- August 26, 2011 – Aunt Kizzy’z Boyz – Blues
- September 2, 2011 – Old Town Road – Bluegrass
- September 9, 2011 – Akayaa & Bolga Zohdoomah – World Music/African
- September 16, 2011 – Scott Martin Latin Soul – Latin Jazz
- September 23, 2011 – The Stoney B Blues Band – Blues
- September 30, 2011 – Sue Palmer & Her Motel Swing Band – Boogie Woogie/Swing
For the comfort of all patrons, the following ordinances must be observed during the concerts: no drinking of alcohol in the Park; no smoking in the Park (smoking is allowed across Main Street next to Downtown Cafe on Sulzfeld Way); and, aside from assistance dogs, there are no dogs allowed in the Park. In addition, the event organizers ask that attendees be courteous to other attendees and try not to block their view of the stage; those with large umbrellas are requested to sit in back rows.
The 2011 Concerts on the Green concert series takes place on Fridays from May 6, 2011 through to September 30, 2011 in Downtown El Cajon. All concerts take place from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm at the Prescott Promenade (across the street from the El Cajon Courthouse/City Hall) in Downtown El Cajon. This a free, family friendly event.
Enjoy, San Diego!
Did we help you today? (1) Share this! (2) Never miss a thing! - Get New Updates via Email
- Trick-or-Treat on India Street
- Halloween Mega Mash 2.0
- Day of the Dead Celebration
- Starbucks Freebie Deal (BOGO)
- Hillcrest Taste n' Tinis
- Legoland Tree Lighting Ceremony
- USS Midway's Party on the Pier Toy Drive
Other search terms:
- el cajon concerts on the green