April 6th, 2012
Take a Sneak Peek at the Cute Tiger Cubs!
Two Sumatran tigers were born on March 6, 2012 at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park, and we’ve got a first look at the adorable duo!
The 10- and 11-pound cubs are only just beginning to move around on their own paws, and are still too small to leave their den. Keepers expect them to be more agile and ready to explore the outdoors in July 2012.
The San Diego Zoo Safari Park is currently home to six Sumatran tigers. There are only about 400 Sumatran tigers left worldwide. They are the smallest of the tiger species, but once grown, males can weigh up to 220 pounds. The birth of these two tiger cubs marks the 24th and 25th birth of this critically endangered species since the Park opened in 1972.
Did we help you today? (1) Share this! (2) Never miss a thing! - Get New Updates via Email
- Now Playing: Shrek - The Musical
- Free Admission – San Diego New Children’s Museum
- Free Family Art Day at the Oceanside Museum of Art
- Kids Free Days at the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park – October 2013
- Kids Free In October 2013 – Museum Month Coupon
- ArtSplash 2013 in Carlsbad
- 2013 Taste of Downtown