April 6th, 2012
Take a Sneak Peek at the Cute Tiger Cubs!
Two Sumatran tigers were born on March 6, 2012 at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park, and we’ve got a first look at the adorable duo!
The 10- and 11-pound cubs are only just beginning to move around on their own paws, and are still too small to leave their den. Keepers expect them to be more agile and ready to explore the outdoors in July 2012.
The San Diego Zoo Safari Park is currently home to six Sumatran tigers. There are only about 400 Sumatran tigers left worldwide. They are the smallest of the tiger species, but once grown, males can weigh up to 220 pounds. The birth of these two tiger cubs marks the 24th and 25th birth of this critically endangered species since the Park opened in 1972.
Did we help you today? (1) Share this! (2) Never miss a thing! - Get New Updates via Email
- Half Price Frappuccinos at Starbucks - Happy Hour
- College Area Taste 2013
- Discount Tickets to Legoland and Sea Life Aquarium – $15.00 on JACK-FM Family Day
- San Diego Museum Month 2013
- San Diego Restaurant Week - January 2013
- The Art of the Brew - Special Event at Science Center
- Jungle Bells Ring in the Holidays at San Diego Zoo