June 9th, 2012
June 10, 2012 – Celebrate Diversity Day at NCM with Free Admission
Head over to the San Diego New Children’s Museum on Sunday, June 10, 2012 and celebrate Diversity Day with free admission, special activities, live entertainment and more!
On Diversity Day, guests are invited to explore the Museum, including the current exhibition TRASH, participate in special hands-on art making activities – including a collaborative art project that will be exhibited at the San Diego International Airport – and enjoy festive cultural entertainment…all for free!
The action-packed day features entertainment by a steel drum band, Native American, Philippine, Hawaiian, Brazilian dance troupes and much more.
The Diversity Day 2012 Entertainment Line-Up is:
- Opening Remarks – Special remarks by civic leaders and organizational leadership (10:00 am)
- Steel Monarchs – Join the party and celebrate as you dance to the rhythm of the Pan.
- Danza Mexi’cayotl – Discover a richness of ancient traditions including “Danza Azteca” through traditional Aztec dance, music, and language. (11:30 am)
- Capoeira Brasil San Diego – Travel to Brazil through this unique form of artistic expression that can unite people of all ages and backgrounds. (12:00 pm)
- Oak Park Percussion Ensemble – African drumming and Western Classic percussion performed by local elementary school students. (12:30 pm)
- San Diego Cooperative Charter School Dance Team – SDCCS’ after-school dance team creatively expresses a medley of dance styles including hip hop, jazz, salsa and even Venezuelan calypso. (1:00 pm)
- PASACAT – Watch as this troupe bring to life the beauty and charm that is the Philippines. (1:30 pm)
- He Nani O Polynesia – Go on a tropical journey with songs and dances from the islands of Hawaii, New Zealand and Tahiti. (2:00 pm)
- Black Story Tellers of San Diego – Listen and learn as BSST keeps African/African American culture and tradition alive and connected to the present through the telling and teaching of stories. (2:30 pm)
- Musical Finale – End the day with live music, as NCM’s very own Jacobo Mendoza sings and plays bilingual tunes. Jacobo is one of our Museum Guides who interacts with visitors each and every day. (3:00 pm)
The San Diego New Children’s Museum Diversity Day takes place on Sunday, June 10, 2012 from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. Diversity Day is a free, family friendly event.
Editor’s Note: Did you know that the New Children’s Museum offers free admission on the second Sunday of every month? Get the scoop: Free Admission: San Diego New Children’s Museum
Did we help you today? (1) Share this! (2) Never miss a thing! - Get New Updates via Email
- Half Price Frappuccinos at Starbucks - Happy Hour
- College Area Taste 2013
- Discount Tickets to Legoland and Sea Life Aquarium – $15.00 on JACK-FM Family Day
- San Diego Museum Month 2013
- San Diego Restaurant Week - January 2013
- The Art of the Brew - Special Event at Science Center
- Jungle Bells Ring in the Holidays at San Diego Zoo