June 12th, 2012
Where to Park at the Free Jazz Concerts in Carlsbad: Fridays June 29 to August 24, 2012
Carlsbad’s TGIF Jazz in the Parks Concert Series returns this summer for its 27th year of free, family-friendly, outdoor live jazz entertainment.
The concerts take place at various outdoor parks in Carlsbad on consecutive Friday evenings beginning on Friday, June 29, 2012 and continuing through to Friday, August 24, 2012. All concerts begin at 6:00 pm and end at 8:00 pm. Admission to each concert is free.
Although the concerts begin at 6:00 pm, it is a good idea to arrive early, as finding parking can be tricky.
The lots within the Park itself are reserved for holders of disabled plates/placards and for TGIF personnel. A loading/unloading area is set up curbside to allow concert-goers to drop off picnic gear and passengers. Street parking is available near the Parks, or you can take advantage of the free shuttle service provided by the City of Carlsbad from 4:30 pm to 9:00 pm on Concert Nights.
Here’s a summary of the parking and shuttle services for Carlsbad’s 2012 TGIF Jazz in the Parks Concert Series:
Stagecoach Park – 3420 Camino de los Coches – June 29, July 6 & 13, 2012:
- Free parking is available one block away at La Costa Canyon High School (3451 Camino de los Coches, also known as 1 Maverick Way) and at the LDS Church parking lot (3450 Camino de los Coches).
- There is no free shuttle at this venue.
Poinsettia Park – 6600 Hidden Valley Road – July 20, 27 & August 3, 2012:
- Free parking is available at the North Coast Calvary Chapel (1330 Poinsettia Lane).
- A free shuttle service will operate between 4:30 pm and 9:00 pm from the North Coast Calvary Chapel. Note: there is no shuttle service from Legoland or Pacific Rim School.
Calavera Hills Park – 2997 Glasgow Drive – August 10, 17 & 24, 2012:
- Free parking is available at Hope Elementary School (3010 Tamarack Drive); and from Calavera Hills Middle & Elementary Schools (4104 North Tamarack Drive at College Avenue).
- A free shuttle service will operate between 4:30 pm and 9:00 pm from two locations: Hope Elementary School and from Calavera Hills Middle & Elementary Schools.
For more information about the 2012 TGIF Jazz in the Parks Concert Series, including a full concert line-up, check: TGIF Jazz in the Parks 2012 Summer Concert Series
Did we help you today? (1) Share this! (2) Never miss a thing! - Get New Updates via Email
- Now Playing: Shrek - The Musical
- Free Admission – San Diego New Children’s Museum
- Free Family Art Day at the Oceanside Museum of Art
- Kids Free Days at the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park – October 2013
- Kids Free In October 2013 – Museum Month Coupon
- ArtSplash 2013 in Carlsbad
- 2013 Taste of Downtown