August 10th, 2012
August 12, 2012 – Hillcrest’s Street Fair Offers Fun For All
CityFest takes place in the heart of Hillcrest and is a huge celebration of community spirit through music, arts, crafts and food. Games, activities, over 300 vendors, live headliner music, a beer garden (new this year: buy discounted drink tickets online, in advance) and much more will be on hand to entertain the over 150,000 guests that attend this event each year.
And that’s not all! For the first year ever, Hillcrest is introducing CityFest Night. Stay past sundown and dance with Hillcrest’s best DJs under the Hillcrest sign!
Other highlights of CityFest 2012 include:
- SD Pix Water Slide returns for its second year!
- Dr. Bronners Magic Soap Bathtub Tour where legendary fair trade organic soap provider Dr. Bronners will create an interactive/interblastive foam experience in a giant bathtub!
- Giant Kids Pavilion with bumper cars, the hurricane and the round up. There will be kid friendly activities all day long under the pavilion with crafts, face painting and live entertainment.
- Free After Party at Rich’s Nightclub - Get in free to the Official CityFest After Party, Sunday August 12, 2012 when you show your CityFest wristband at the door!
Parking at and Shuttle to CityFest 2012 – CityFest attendees are encouraged to take the shuttle by parking at 4100 Normal Avenue at the eastern end of Hillcrest at the San Diego School District Building. The CityFest shuttle will drop attendees off in the heart of the festival at 6th and Robinson and will run the route from noon until 8:00 pm.
CityFest 2012 will be held on Sunday, August 12, 2012 from 12:00 pm (noon) to 10:00 pm. The events will take place along 5th Avenue in Hillcrest, between University Avenue and Brookes Avenue. This is a free, family friendly event.
Did we help you today? (1) Share this! (2) Never miss a thing! - Get New Updates via Email
- Now Playing: Shrek - The Musical
- Free Admission – San Diego New Children’s Museum
- Free Family Art Day at the Oceanside Museum of Art
- Kids Free Days at the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park – October 2013
- Kids Free In October 2013 – Museum Month Coupon
- ArtSplash 2013 in Carlsbad
- 2013 Taste of Downtown