August 10th, 2012
August 11 & 12, 2012 – San Diego Celebrates the Latino Community
Attracting over 75,000 visitors over two days, Fiesta del Sol is a Latino Family Festival which celebrates the richness of the region, while honoring Latino communities’ contributions to San Diego. This fun, free, family friendly, alcohol and tobacco free event focuses on creating positive change by empowering local communities.
Highlights of this year’s Festival include:
- Education – workshops, information on accessing quality education and college fair
- Youth Zone – soccer tournament, back to school fashion show
- Health & Wellness – free health screenings, information on taking charge of your health
- Green Tech Zone – information on sustainable energy and water strategies
- Community Action Pavilion – voter registration, know your rights
- Two Entertainment Stages – local and international artists, ranging from traditional Latino Music to Soul, Reggae and Rock en Español.
- House of Sol – Chicago DJs spinning Soul – inspired House music
Fiesta del Sol 2012 takes place Saturday, August 11, 2012 and Sunday, August 12, 2012 from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm both days. The Festival will take place at the César Chávez Park on San Diego Bay (1449 César E. Chávez Parkway, San Diego, CA, 92101; where César E. Chávez Parkway meets the San Diego Bay). This two-day event is free, family friendly, and open to the public.
Did we help you today? (1) Share this! (2) Never miss a thing! - Get New Updates via Email
- Now Playing: Shrek - The Musical
- Free Admission – San Diego New Children’s Museum
- Free Family Art Day at the Oceanside Museum of Art
- Kids Free Days at the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park – October 2013
- Kids Free In October 2013 – Museum Month Coupon
- ArtSplash 2013 in Carlsbad
- 2013 Taste of Downtown