October 24th, 2012
Enjoy free mini-concerts at noon on Mondays alternating between the Athenaeum in La Jolla and the Athenaeum Jacobs in Horton Plaza.
The concerts feature both local and touring musicians, prize-winning students, university music faculty members, and local chamber ensembles performing a repertoire which includes jazz, folk and world music.
No reservations or tickets are required for these free concerts (donations are always welcome); just line up before noon and enjoy the show! The Mini-Concerts, which last approximately an hour each, take place Mondays at noon, alternating between the two Athenaeum locations – La Jolla and Horton Plaza.
Here is the schedule for the current season of Mini-Concerts at the two Athenaeum locations:
Athenaeum Jacobs (Horton Plaza) – Lyceum Theatre in Horton Plaza, 79 Horton Plaza, San Diego, CA 92101
(Note: free parking with Horton Plaza validation; food and beverage is allowed in theatre during concerts.)
- September 24, 2012 – Lori Bell & Diane Snodgrass, Flute and Piano, Women Composers
- October 8, 2012 – Julia Pautz and Jisun Yang, Violins; A.J. Nilles, Viola; Marcia Bookstein, Violincello
- October 22, 2012 – Joshua White Jazz Piano Trio
- November 5, 2012 – Ricky Girodano’s Jazz Quartet, DGQ
- November 19, 2012 – Kensington Trio with guest Soprano, Rebecca Steinke Harris
Athenaeum Music & Arts Library (La Jolla) – 1008 Wall Street, La Jolla, CA 92037
- October 1, 2012 – Lori Bell & Diane Snodgrass, Flute and Piano, Women Composers
- October 15, 2012 – Julia Pautz and Jisun Yang, Violins; A.J. Nilles, Viola; Marcia Bookstein, Violincello
- October 29, 2012 – Joshua White Jazz Piano Trio
- November 12, 2012 – Ricky Girodano’s Jazz Quartet, DGQ
- November 26, 2012 – Kensington Trio with guest Soprano, Rebecca Steinke Harris
Click here for more information about the Athenaeum free mini-concerts at noon series.
Enjoy, San Diego!
Did we help you today? (1) Share this! (2) Never miss a thing! - Get New Updates via Email
- Half Price Frappuccinos at Starbucks - Happy Hour
- College Area Taste 2013
- Discount Tickets to Legoland and Sea Life Aquarium – $15.00 on JACK-FM Family Day
- San Diego Museum Month 2013
- San Diego Restaurant Week - January 2013
- The Art of the Brew - Special Event at Science Center
- Jungle Bells Ring in the Holidays at San Diego Zoo