October 24th, 2012
Oct. 27, 2012 – Halloween Festivities are Ready to Launch at the NCM!
The San Diego New Children’s Museum has a lot to celebrate this weekend…and you’re invited! With Halloween just around the corner and the final day of TRASH artist Jason Rogenes’ residency, Saturday, October 27, 2012 promises to be a galactic good time at the NCM! Join the folks at NCM for Mega Mash 2.0 an event where visitors are invited to: celebrate Rogenes’ latest sculptural addition to his work Megalitransponder; make a “mini mega” in an artist-led workshop; dance in an out-of-this-world costume parade; explore a cardboard glow-in-the-dark city and search for aliens in a futuristic scavenger hunt. And best of all, all activities are free with general admission!
Here is an overview of some of the great events planned at the New Children’s Museum’s Mega Mash 2.0:
- Muse and Seek Scavenger Hunt (All Day) – Recommended for all ages.
- Monster Murals! (All Day) – Recommended for all ages.
- Spooky Sculptures Workshops (Times Vary) – Recommended for all ages.
- Pumpkin Decorating (All Day) – Recommended for all ages.
- Glowing Cities (11:00 am to 2:00 pm) – Recommended for ages 3 and under. Discover the planet that Jason Rogenes’ Megalitransponder has landed on! Have fun with sculpture by building and playing in a cardboard glow-in-the-dark city.
- Glowing Grotto (11:00 am to 2:00 pm) – Recommended for all ages. Explore a specially-crafted cardboard cave that leads to the studio work space of NCM’s October artist in residence, Jason Rogenes. Inspired by his artwork, the cave is hand constructed and lets young visitors crawl through nooks and crannies as well as add their own artistic touches to the piece.
- Costume Parade (11:00 am, 12:30 pm & 2:30 pm) – Recommended for all ages.
- Mini Mega Workshop (11:30 am & 2:00 pm) – Recommended for ages 5 and up. Make your own mini mega in a workshop inspired by TRASH artist, Jason Rogenes.
Mega Mash 2.0 takes place at the San Diego New Children’s Museum on Saturday, October 27, 2012 from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. This family friendly event is free with general admission to the Museum.
Did we help you today? (1) Share this! (2) Never miss a thing! - Get New Updates via Email
- Now Playing: Shrek - The Musical
- Free Admission – San Diego New Children’s Museum
- Free Family Art Day at the Oceanside Museum of Art
- Kids Free Days at the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park – October 2013
- Kids Free In October 2013 – Museum Month Coupon
- ArtSplash 2013 in Carlsbad
- 2013 Taste of Downtown